Falk Ultramite Gear Drives
Falk Ultramite Gear Drives by Rexnord provide longer service life. An integral high-speed pinion is fully supported by bearings within the gearbox, not by motor bearings while dual lip seals prevent contamination. Application flexibility will minimize downtime.
Ultramite® is motor-independent, allowing the use of standard NEMA C-face or IEC motors. There is no need to drain oil when replacing the motor. Multiple mounting positions are available: base, wall, top, vertical, shaft, and flange. A torque-assist (TA) taper bushing eliminates binding found with twin-taper and single-flanged bushings. The inboard bushing location minimizes sheave overhang, saving high-speed bearings. Minimal shaft engagement is required for retrofits.
Shaft mounts using our patented TA taper bushing are guaranteed to come off the shaft, regardless of length of service or operating conditions, or Rexnord will replace it for free.
Ultramite Gear Drives:
• Four families: concentric helical, right-angle bevel-helical, right-angle helical worm and offset parallel helical
• Up to 292,000 lb-in (33 kNm)
• Reductions from 1.4:1 to 60,000:1
• Motor independent: accepts standard NEMA/IEC C-face and flange-mounted motors, permitting choice of customer-preferred motor brands
• Multiple mounting positions: base, wall, top, vertical, shaft and flange
• Shaft-mount utilizes patented TA taper bushing with guaranteed removal
• Continuous-duty ratings (AGMA)
Contact your nearest BDI location for more information about Falk Ultramite Gear Drives, view PDF or browse e-catalog.